"go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the church."
- president gordon b. hinckley -


Sunday, August 24, 2008

(Before) and After

This summer, Tyler and I have been trying to fix up our house a little bit. Most of this fixing-up has occurred on the outside. (I guess the inside will have to wait until it's too cold to go out.) I've been meaning to put some pictures up, but haven't gotten around to it until now. Unfortunately, I don't have any "before" pictures, so you'll have to rely on my description of how the outside of the house looked before.

Before: a planter box filled with dry, yucky dirt.
After: a planter box full of great soil and pretty flowers!

Before: lots of weeds, rocks, concrete, tree trunks/roots, more weeds.
After: bushes! Tyler pulled the old tree trunks/roots out with his truck and put the sprinkler system in himself. We plan to either plant grass or a garden behind the last of the bushes.

Here's the whole house. You probably can't tell, but we planted flowers underneath the pine tree on the left. The grass was also...not as alive-looking as it is now. And Tyler did a fantastic job of trimming back the pine tree. It was getting a little overbearing.

Up next: painting the back door, painting the trim around the house?, painting the kitchen, planting grass/a garden.

5 comments:

Denise said...

It's looking so good.

Sami and Mark said...

Wow, the grass looks great!! You guys are doing great!

Miri said...

Did you change your layout? I wonder if it's just this computer, but I can't see anything you've written, it's all in bright yellow on a white background. In any case, the pictures look great! We'll have to come see it in person soon. :)

theRach said...

Look at you go! I would love to be in a house so we could make improvements like that! It looks really nice. :)

Amber and Ryan said...

Good job! You are lucky to have such a cute little place.