"go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the church."
- president gordon b. hinckley -


Sunday, June 7, 2009

'Bout Time...

Sheesh! A lot has happened since my last post, and it's about time I updated. We'll start things off with my graduation...

My graduation was a week after Tyler's and the day after my clinical boards. It was a huge relief to sit at graduation with the other dental hygiene girls (in nearly the front row) and not have a care in the world. We were done with all of our tests and graduating! What could be better?

President Monson was the key note speaker at the UVU commencement. He gave a great speech on glancing backward, reaching outward, and looking forward (or something of that nature). President Uchtdorf and President Eyring were present in the audience with their wives.

Convocation was the same day as commencement. Brooke was the valedictorian for our college, and she gave a fantastic speech on greatness. Jana sang a beautiful song and blew us all away. Then...we graduated! Here are some pictures from that day.

Receiving my empty diploma holder from Dr. Veit, the dental hygiene department chair. (Notice that the color of dentistry is purple.)

Some of the girls - those that came to graduation.

I spent hours and hours with this lovely lady. Much of that time was spent studying...and it paid off! She got the highest score on the national boards from UVU!! (Good thing I studied with her, huh?)

Weidmer family. My mom and dad came to watch me graduate...again. Just ask them. They'll tell you all about how I'm going "backwards." GED next?

Jeffs family. Tyler's parents and grandma came to congratulate me. Thanks for coming!

Overall, it was a great day, and I'm done with school (for now).

Master's anyone?

:)

2 comments:

Angie said...

i could never do a master's! it was fun to hear about graduation though, and see the pictures. I'm still so sad i couldn't come! thanks for posting this. :)

Kacey said...

congrats!!!