"go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the church."
- president gordon b. hinckley -


Saturday, February 23, 2008

Change

As many of you know, Tyler and I collect change. Any change we find while we're out and about, we pick up and put in our Coke bottle "piggy bank." The time finally came to count the change - Tyler made me wait until it was absolutely all the way full - and the end result wasn't too shabby. There ended up being about $60 in the Coke bottle, and we deposited $58 of it into the bank. Keep in mind that more than half of the change in the Coke bottle was pennies, complements of my dad. If it was mostly silver change, there would have been much more!

This is the Coke bottle "piggy bank."
This is all of the change counted. Woohoo!
Our change collecting now begins anew!

6 comments:

Sami and Mark said...

Sweeet!! 60 dollars is awesome for saving up change. Good job collecting all that change.
So I am totally sticking with the boy name that we chose because I really do like it and I don't care if his parents don't like it. I am still a little iffy about the girl name though. Not sure why. If we find out we are having a girl I may have to wait until we have her to decide which of the names we like to name her. We will see. Either way though it will be something I like despite what his or even my family thinks. Plus, I like your names too. It must be the whole parents thing and their generation of names was a lot different than ours now. The names are definitely becoming a lot more creative and they don't seem to be used to that...oh well :) Maybe I'll tell them we are naming our girl Mildred and see what they think of that ;). Hahaha, that would be funny.

Andrea said...

That's awesome! We have a big one and it isn't close to being full

Leslie said...

Our bottle even close to being filled isn't either

Miri said...

hi. i'm at mike's house and facebook won't work on his computer so i'm responding here. yes we should totally hang out tomorrow night. are tiffany and jason going to go out on saturday or another weekend entirely? i'd like to go if it's going to be another time. :)
about tomorrow. do ya'll want to go bowling then? i ran it past mike and i think he likes it... or we could do something else. preferably nothing expensive though, which i'm sure you can feel good about too. :) wanna see if sami and mark want to come too?

Miri said...

also, i just have to say-- the word verification that i was just required to type in was "kchbeesi." That is funny. The end.

Angie said...

That's better than I thought! I know we laughed about you looking for coins everywhere, but now I think I might start looking at the ground for shiny things too!