"go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the church."
- president gordon b. hinckley -


Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Crazy!

Is anyone else surprised by the American Idol results?

3 comments:

Sami and Mark said...

So, I read an article the other day, or maybe I saw it on tv...I can't remember, but the comment was made that they though David Archuletta would win because American Idol really hasn't reached the rocker crowd...immediately after that comment I knew daid cook would win. TV has an amazing way of working out in such a way to fill in the viewer gaps. Like with the amount of latinos living in america growing the past couple years have been full of latino winners(in my opinion to draw in the latino crowds). Jaslene won Americas next top model a couple cycles ago. Helio Castroneves won Dancing with the Stars last year, though Mel B was the better dancer. The Spurs bounced off the refs all the way to win the playoffs last year...
On Americas next top model this cycle was won by a "plus size" model which in my opininon was not the better model...So I just feel that television works this way to fill in all the gaps, because of course the goal is to have millions of viewers watching the show...that way the show can keep going. And if the show keeps going people keep getting money. And people like money. So this is sort of my thoughts on the matter. Though I like both of the Davids I think David Archuletta far out sang David Cook two nights ago. Anyways. That's just how i feel.

Andrea said...

I wanted David Cook to win, but thought Archie would. I was surprised that it was by 12 million votes!

Angie said...

YES. totally thought archuleta was going to win. that was CRAZY. I was totally shocked when they announced cook's name.

p.s. we changed the shower to next Thursday so more people could come. I think we're going to go to the Thanksgiving Point cafe for dinner together.