On Saturday, May 10, Tyler and I and much of his family participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k to celebrate Nancy, Tyler's mom's friend, who is currently going through breast cancer treatments. (I should also give a shout-out to my grandma and aunt who are breast cancer survivors!!) Although the race was a little earlier than I would have preferred (I'm not a morning person and we had to get up at 5:45 to meet everyone and get to the race on time), the race was great and I'm really glad I participated in it. My goal was to run the 3.1 miles in less than 30 minutes, and I did it! My official time was 29:30. Not bad - not fast, but not bad for my very first 5k ever. Jessica and Aubrey at work were telling me that there's a 5k in Orem this July, so I might run it to see if I can't improve upon my previous time.
Here are some pictures from that Saturday (and I apologize because I know many of you have already seen them).
The Jeffs.

I had a picture of my stopwatch taken to prove that I did indeed run the 5k in under 30 minutes.

Us at the beginning of the race. There were so many people that I didn't cross the starting line (the balloon arch in the distance) until 1:30 after the gun had gone off.

The runners! And, by the way, our shirts read, "Big or small, let's save them all!"

Us with Nancy.

This race is for such a great cause that I think I might make it a tradition to run it every year!
2 comments:
Christine, thanks for the new stuff. It is great. I am the worst at it. That was a fun day. You almost make me want to work at running!
yaaay christine! i love that you posted just for me. :)
Post a Comment