So with Christine gone, I decided to take the opportunity and teach my son about the finer points of manhood. But, before I get to that, let me share some worldy wisdom I learned while preparing this post. In an effort to find a picture or graphic that represented the theme of our week, I turned to Google. Now this may be common sense to some, but DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT Google "manhood" and then select images without expecting to see some wildly inappropriate representations. Blech! What was I thinking right? There are just some things you can't un-see. Well after having my eyeballs scarred I abandoned that plan, and here I am, describing our ride on the man train (is that too dirty to blog?).
Anyway, as I was saying, over the past day and a half me and Austin engaged in all things manly. We burped, we farted, we slept in, we drank (him milk, me coke), we ate pizza. Here are a few recorded selections from our foray into the world of masculinity.
It all started Friday night when we watched an action movie on Netflix. For future reference, the movie "Abduction" is less appealing to those seeking action, and more appealing to those looking for adolescent eye candy, eyebrow furrowing and mediocre acting. In true man fashion, Austin watched the movie sans-clothing.
I was going to join him, but realized that its true that some things that are cute on a baby are not cute on a full grown man. The next morning we slept in (until 8) and got right to our days man-tivities. We started off fixing sprinklers. We then packed up our diaperbag, or as we men like to call them, supply packs ...
...and headed to EXTREME!!!! power sports to look at four-wheelers and side-by-sides. We got to my dad's house and engaged in another man ritual. College football. We watched BYU issue a beat down on Weber State. Here's Austin, sporting his very first plumber's crack, while watching the game.
While at Cabela's, Austin got to see the fish, other furry animals and meet President George W. Bush (no kidding, in the trophy room at Cabela's there is an animatronic hunter that looks EXACTLY like President Bush).
While there, Austin also flirted with the ladies at Cabela's. By ladies, I mean a nine month old blonde and her mom. Yes, he's that sauve. We also looked at pictures of cute girls.
We then went back to Grandpa's, watched a bit of Nascar and headed home. I think he had a good day, what do you think?
I don't imagine you've enjoyed reading this as much I've enjoyed writing it. If you fall into that category (which I'm sure you all do), you'll be pleased to know Christine will be back tomorrow. So with that I bid you a fond adieu until the next time Christine takes a trip.
2 comments:
Once again, well done. I about fell out of my seat laughing. Don't know if it's because I'm tired or what, but I should let you blog more often!! Thanks doodles!
Tyler! You da man! What a sweet husband and daddy you are! Love ya:)
Post a Comment