Today is the last day of my Christmas break! I get to go back to school tomorrow. I'm excited to go back, but it's kind of weird because it's not like other times I've gone back to school. Instead of going back to new classes, new classmates, and new classrooms, I'm going back to very similar classes, all of the same classmates, and the same classrooms that I was in before. Nothing will be all that new to me. I'm not even that nervous - except that we'll be cleaning real patients starting Monday and I don't feel ready yet! Oh well, I guess that's how you learn. By success and failure. Just don't tell my patients that. ;)
My schedule this semester is pretty busy. I have class on all five days of the week, up a day from last semester when I didn't have classes on Friday. The classes I'll be taking are:
Radiology - to learn how to take x-rays. Apparently I'm certified at the end of the course.
Pathology - to learn about a whole slew of dental diseases. The required textbook has a ton of nasty pictures. Fun for me.
Dental Hygiene II - to learn more about hygiene and practice cleaning mouths.
Community Health - to learn about...community health. I don't have much of an idea what this class will entail. All I know is that it goes from like 8:00 am until 1:00 or 2:00 pm on Mondays. Ick.
Business Law - I've succumbed to my independent law class and I've decided to take it at UVSC this semester. I'm excited. I think I will understand the material much better and thus do much better in the class over all. Plus, the textbook UVSC uses is much, much smaller than the one BYU uses. :)
All of these classes add up to 17 credits/units. I've never taken this many before (16.5 is my all-time high), but I'm not too worried about my schedule. I know how my dental hygiene professors work, and I've heard that the professor who is teaching my business law class is really great.
All I have left to do to get ready for the semester is to purchase some more scrubs and lab coats. I did get a great pair of scrubs from Tyler's grandparents for Christmas, but I think I need one more set and two more lab coats. Then I'll be all set!
3 comments:
You go girl. Sounds like some 'crazy' classes.
Sounds fun, if you like that kind of thing!!
I know the feeling. When I was at school the thrust us on to the floor after like 6 weeks of cramming everything there is to know about hair. Man, I was scared, and I definitely did not feel ready. But it really wasn't the bad. The first few times were the worst then it was no big deal. Good luck
Post a Comment